The health benefits of extra virgin olive oil are endless. The advantages range from reducing risk factors of illness to being an alternative to unhealthy fats and oil. Not only is extra virgin olive oil good for your health but it also tastes great on salads and other foods. There is no excuse not to have this Mediterranean secret in your home, especially the wide range of delicious extra virgin olive oils to choose from.
But, what makes extra virgin olive oil so incredible? Scientists have discovered that because the polyphenol content in olive oil is so extensive it functions as an anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory as well as provides essential nutrients to your body. If this isn’t enough to convince you that you need olive oil in your life here is a list of health benefits that are bound to get you excited!
Benefits of extra virgin olive oil:
- Olive oil is rich in antioxidant nutrients which helps to remedy the damaged hearts of cardiovascular patients. Furthermore, because olive oil is also rich in anti-inflammatory nutrients it actually works to lower the risk of heart disease overall.
- Just by adding one or two teaspoons of olive oil daily to your diet you will be providing your blood vessels with vitamin E and beta-carotene. This allows your vessels to remain strong, and strong blood vessels mean that your risk of heart disease will be reduced.
- Olive oil intake has been linked to decreased blood pressure and decreased cholesterol. This is because out of all the oils, extra virgin olive oil is made up mainly of monounsaturated, omega-9 fatty acid – one of the more important fatty acids you will come across.
- Believe it or not, but research has found that this is the number one weight reducing ingredient to have in your home. Replacing unhealthy butter and oils with extra virgin olive oil will actually work in combating weight gain.
- Consuming olive oil as part of a balanced diet can prevent or delay the risk of getting diabetes, as the nutrients in the oil help to balance your insulin levels.
- The antioxidants in olive oil help to strengthen your immune system. This will help your body to become resistant to infections and illnesses.
- Research has shown that olive oil intake can prevent the risk of cancer. Oxidative stress causes the initiation of cancer, but the polyphenols (that act as anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory nutrients in your body), help to lower the oxidative stress and has thus been pegged as cancer preventative.
- Research has also shown that olive oil intake can increase the formation of bone structure.
If these few benefits are not convincing enough then rest assured knowing that researchers are still discovering new health benefits of olive oil. In fact a recent research study discovered that consuming a Mediterranean diet will greatly improve your brain function, but only if olive oil is added!
Extra virgin olive oil not only has health-promoting properties but it is also tasty, even when dieting. This is definitely one ingredient that should be on your shopping list. At Lovin’ Olive we guarantee a healthy and delicious range of extra virgin olive oil for you to choose from. Treat your taste buds and your health to an array of the finest olive oil around.